| || |
Projects + Conferences + Events
- Dec. 20: iArt Fall 2011 Show @ The Blackbox, NYC
- Dec. 9: Panel at "New Media Art Today - Ideas and Aesthetics"- Staten Island Museum, NYC
- Oct 1: Co-presented The Bed-Stuy Ecomapping Project at Food Summit, Restoration Plaza, Brooklyn, NYC
- Aug 20: DIVAS for Social Justice presents "Imaging Ourselves", Washington Carver Gallery, Brooklyn, NYC
- May 23: iArt Spring 2011 Show @ The Blackbox, NYC
- March 23: Attended BAC Awards - DIVAS
- June-Aug: Mapping of Stories and Community Gardens in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn, NYC (in progress)
- July: Attend SIGGRAPH - Los Angeles, CA
- May 28: "Undercurrents: Experimental Ecosystems in Recent Art": Presentation + Installation: Soundseeker & 90degreessouth, "Soundwalk on the High Line" with NYSAE at The Kitchen hosted by The Whitney Museum, NYC
- May 23-24: iArt Spring 2010 Show @ The Blackbox, NYC
- April: 90degreessouth is on Google Earth Showcase
- Soundseeker is featured in: Listen to the World: Online Soundscapes - an internet based platform conceived
to hold online exhibitions of contemporary art.
- March 10: Attended BAC Awards and DIVAS is recipient of 2 awards
- Dec: Soundseeker featured in "The art of noise" Holland Herald Magazine
- Dec. 20-21: Showcasing interactive media work iArt : - Hunter College, NYC
- May 30: Exhibitor (DIVAS) at Grassroots Media Conference - Hunter College, NYC
- May 23: Co-Host/Present Through My Lens screening - South Oxford Space, Brooklyn, NYC
- May 19: Showcasing interactive media work iArt 7PM - Hunter College, NYC
- April 17: Attended Cultural of Colors Sympoisum - Brooklyn, NYC
- March 11: Attended BAC Awards and DIVAS is recipient of award
- Nov. 14: Presenting Storywalk at ESC Show - Blackbox- Hunter College, NYC
- Oct. 23: Presenting Storywalk at Eyebeam 6pm, NYC
- Oct. 9-11: Technology + Arts Conference, Pittsburgh
- July 28-29: Conference on Masculinity, Women and Hip-Hop at Ford Foundation, NYC
- April 29-30: Presenting 90degreessouth.org at University of Colorado
- March - Interview in In These Times "The New Cartographers" Vol. 2 Issue 03.
- March 2: Radio Arte interviews DIVAS at Grass Roots Media conference, NYC
- co-founded DIVAS for Social Justice
- Mapping Antarctica - collaborative project 90degreessouth.org.
- Research/Web Analysis: Hip-Hop and Women - "Where My Ladies At?".
- Nov. 2-4: Annual Sigma Xi Conference - Orlando, Florida.
- Oct 11-13: Arts+Technology Conference - Carnegie Mellon University.
- July 10: Lecture on Netiquette, Moodle, Social Networking - Uris Auditorium, Cornell University.
- May 24: Thesis Show "MapaboutMaps": Data Visualization for Collaborative Practices through
Interactive Maps @ Blackbox - Hunter College
- May 6: "Mobilized" at Bklyn Polytech - Interactive Map about Maps
- May 1-3: "See Something Say Something" at Blackbox, Hunter College - NYSoundmap
- Seeing/Hearing is Believing? <<click (website)
- Sidewalk <<click(Coffee Cups)
- Urban Algorithm (collaborated with Pam Sporn)
- Open/Closed Paradox (collaborated with Clarisa James)
- Sound Environment (takes in sound from environment and alters it with Max/MSP)
- Poetry in Motion (reading a poem in random order with Max/MSP)
- July 16th: Interactive Instrument presented <<click for image
Stanford University ’s CCRMA (Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics) @ Banff Centre in Alberta , Canada
- Sounds of NY inspired by the blackout: Interactive Composition Max/MSP